<body> <body>

Saturday, March 22, 2008 @2:40 PM

Have become a nutter-fanatic of natural cosmetic products over the last 6 months or so, dipping my feet and hands in the glories of Crabtree & Evelyn, Body Shop, Lush and the newly-discovered Sabon. While rummaging through their repertoire I've come to love things like seaweed toner, amlika hair conditioner, hemp foot moisturiser and sea salt face scrub... and the best discovery to date? LUSH's 'Aqua Mirabilis' - a body butter and exfoliating scrub made of almond butter, cocoa butter and ground almond shells. Yummm. I love it.

I've realised how costly this whole exploit is going to be. Eating well (no more basics!!) and gymming are costing a lot more too, but I've realised that beauty and healthcare always work best from the inside-out rather than having it rubbed in with chemicals from the exterior. Exercise rather than rouge, water rather than moisturiser. Of course I'm shooting myself in the foot by saying that, because then what on earth am I getting all these creams for? But I guess that's the general direction I'm wanting to work towards... health and fitness rather than an over-dependence on exterior appliances such as medicine or fashion. And while cosmetics can't be entirely dished out the window, why not go for the most natural? They make a load of difference really. My housemate even suggested I started keeping pots of aloe vera for hair conditioning.........

hrmm. no thanks.

Didn't mention it, but last week was rather exciting. 'Twas marked with big names of many people whose presence I'm honoured to grace. Attended apologetic lectures by Gary Habermas and Alistair McGrath at LSE, and Kay Warren (Rick Warren's Missus) came to speak at HTB (Holy Trinity Brompton - my church) yesterday. Saturday was almost a full day at Westminster Central Hall where Al Gordon and Tim Hughes shared very very practically about leading worship, and Matt Redman about song-writing. Worship, music, and navigating towards truth - things that're really close to my heart but which have developed pretty slowly this year. The coming-together of all these things sparked a newfound desire in my heart to keep seeking and keep living life the way God meant it to be - to the best, to the full, to the most of love.

There're always going to be more 1000-pound Taylor guitars around, but no, I've been inspired to make the most of my Cort baby and learn some new acoustic chords. Rediscovered a desire for singing and making music again, particularly 'cuz playing and singing with other musicians can be really inspiring. Time to get off me lazy arse and start strummin'. :) whee.

-back to a lazy Saturday of reading and eating-

Girl in Question

j.tan.eq
King's College London
English Literature
a fluffball of non-sequitors
and loving the Lord


Psalm 139:9-10

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.

LINKS

.child sponsorship. send a cow. ethically green. ethical fashion. war on want - fight global poverty. tax justice network. killer coke and coca-cola crimes. christian apologetics. a father's heart for you. cute overload. singapore angle. international volunteering opportunities. teaching abroad. online bible. our daily bread. all recipes. online music marketplace.

SPEAK IT



PICTURES

London, Egypt, Barcelona & Paris: Jun-Jul '07.
Skiing at Flaine Resort, France: Mar '07.
Tanzania: Jan '07.

& ARCHIVES

October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008