<body> <body>

Sunday, February 17, 2008 @6:31 PM

Another beautiful, sunny (but cold) day today, with a great time of Godness in church and in various conversations. Think my bro once said something about God existing in the interstices between people and that's so true. In relationships where things aren't entirely peachy keen, especially. Learning abit more about what love really is - timely, considering Valentine's just went by - and that it should stop being able fitting other people into my agenda, but about self-giving, about sacrifice, but not when that becomes a source of pride in itself. It's about... humbling myself even when I think I'm in the right. About opening my heart up to receive and accept someone's love and service, even if I feel I don't merit it. About being patient, and always looking out for the interests of others. Love does not -

"envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." (1 Cor 13:4-7)

Another beautiful day of being assured of God's love and presence even when I don't necessarily 'feel' it. Alv told me about a sermon he heard, about the pastor recounting an experience in preparing his son's milk bottle. The baby just kept wailing and wailing and wailing, and the pastor felt so frustrated he couldn't get through to the baby and reassure him that 'Hey my child, the milk is coming, it's coming. I'm preparing it right now.' And so many times in God's seeming silence I just lack the trust that He's there, He's already doing something... and that the milk is coming.

The love of God... is making Alv and I feel so incredibly close even though he's away. There's also a sense of growing love, dedication and joy in our relationship, which is incredible. Cemented by a love he first experiences in God, then relays to me. 'Love your wives as Christ loved the Church', it's said. A clearer idea of what that means now. Amazing.

Love. 'twas the theme for open mic organised by OCF. Strung together a list of songs and came up with something random but which meant alot to me. Didn't sing quite well as I would like to, and guitar wasn't plugged in, but had a lot of fun! And was invited to sing at Gangwei's charity concert next week so that's cool. Check out my lovely Cort MR740fx baby :D


Girl in Question

j.tan.eq
King's College London
English Literature
a fluffball of non-sequitors
and loving the Lord


Psalm 139:9-10

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.

LINKS

.child sponsorship. send a cow. ethically green. ethical fashion. war on want - fight global poverty. tax justice network. killer coke and coca-cola crimes. christian apologetics. a father's heart for you. cute overload. singapore angle. international volunteering opportunities. teaching abroad. online bible. our daily bread. all recipes. online music marketplace.

SPEAK IT



PICTURES

London, Egypt, Barcelona & Paris: Jun-Jul '07.
Skiing at Flaine Resort, France: Mar '07.
Tanzania: Jan '07.

& ARCHIVES

October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008