Saturday, October 06, 2007 @1:52 AM
am I older, more tired and less enthusiastic, or have I grown to be more serious about things and so find socialising so much more tiring? Is it people in London who're different - more complex, more cold perhaps, tho just a few of them I suppose - or is it just me who's a frothing cauldron of insecurity all over again?
never knew it could be this jading...
so far it's been ok though, and it's always nice to have old friends visit. Spent a nice afternoon with Heng Chin at a Moroccan restaurant and in my room; spent a good Saturday morning in a Camden cafe with Lauren; had Esther stay at my place over the week and it was especially nice chatting to her about all sorts of things last night, as of old. And I suppose, there're always old faces around anyway...
But I shan't stick within a bubble of comfort; I don't want to. It's good being in London in that there're so many things to go for and so many things to check out... and along with that, many opportunities to hang out with different people I guess. Went to a jazz bar at Covent Garden on weds, had late night supper at Chinatown tonight, and am going to Damien Rice gig tomorrow with a German coursemate - experiences that seem quite strange to the semi-quiet lifestyle I had in York. For good or for worse? We'll see about that...
Pilates is good. I discovered muscles I never knew I had.