Friday, April 20, 2007 @11:23 AM
He strikes yet again; this morning I opened
Our Daily Bread and read about (im)patience, about people complaining, griping and making a fuss out of a 3-hour plane delay largely because of their own self-centredness, and I just saw myself in there of the past few weeks. I've been complaining and grouching a lot, if not vocally then at least in my heart, being highly impatient with myself in my work and wanting this time to just fly by. But I'm missing the point - all things have their seasons and times, as they say, and in being a grouchball I've just lost sight of God and His larger scale of things. 'twas all me me me me and argh I can't stand this argh why can't I get it argh me me me; it seeped even into my attitudes towards people, subtly into my relationships and correspondences with them, even into my words. I feel ashamed, and rightly so for all this selfishness, but this morning I begged once again to
know the Cross and to understand His love just a tad bit more... Then it lifted, and things began to take shape within the right perspective; as soon as I felt that
incredible mercy my heart was reminded of the scale of that love and compassion for the
world. Jolted out of my miniscule, self-enclosed world, my eyes were opened to the things that really matter. God help me, but rebuke me, if I ever wilfully complain - 'bitch', as they say - about my work, anything, or anyone; how can I bring myself to do so after everything you've done?
When irritated and upset
Do you complain and gripe and fret?
Or is your life controlled inside
Because in Jesus you confide? —Branon