Friday, April 13, 2007 @12:58 PM
I did some reading online on the Socratic method of teaching, which I highly regard and defend, and chanced upon
this site. It had the outline of a classroom experience on teaching the binary system, just with questions... to grade 3 students! 'tis interesting, and I wish more Singaporean teachers (-cough- had the time to) pick up on this...
Received a surprise package of chocolates and soup paste this morning, for times of muggerific stress. Didn't expect it at all; am honestly really touched. :)
Essay hasn't started and I'm getting restless. Keep dreaming of Egypt and travelling and sunshine and family coming to visit, or just of a time when I can finally get running up and about with my intact knee. I miss jogging. and hopefully, after all the deadlines, I'll be able to run and jump after a frisbee on the gold-drenched summer fields of York......
-smiles dreamingly-