Wednesday, March 28, 2007 @12:34 PM
Knee's starting to swell and hurt again so I've started to take Ibuprofen, but sadly it has no palpable effect whatsoever. :(
Anyways, people's complaints about NHS are rather baseless sometimes. Admittedly it isn't quite the best around, having led to serious situations like deaths... And having gotten used to quality medical care (e.g. Singapore's), one can get rather spoilt and medically-pampered, eh? But I wonder if it's just all again a question of pride that demands some kind of elixir, potion, chemical, drug - effective, quick, potent,
serious - or some tangible means of intervention, as opposed to really simple and seemingly ludicrous remedies. Such as the age-old, time-tested, slow, but effective prescription of rest, lots of water, and lots of sleep (in my case, lots of ice, rest, and yes, maybe some Ibuprofen). Because at the end of the day these things are the things that really matter for good health and well-being, and are most natural at that. It's like blaming fresher's flu or lamenting "oh, there's been a bug going round" for the bout of illness one has (the bug deserves some credit of course) when ultimately lack of sleep, clubbing nights, alcohol, emotional/mental stress, poor diet and lack of exercise may have been the root.
Well, I guess I feel that to the bone 'cuz I don't take good care of myself quite as well as I should... -_-
O twisted knee, O twisted knee, I wish you'd really spare meeee