<body> <body>

Sunday, March 11, 2007 @11:04 PM



It was Mike's birthday at Wetherspoon's last night. Had a pretty chilled out day from reading a bit, then going over to Jia Min's for hairdressing and kebab dinner. Then I had a nice slow walk - it's such lovely warm weather now - to Wether's and had such a lovely time catching up with people. Haven't been going to CU all that much this term, and I'm just glad for this extra time to chill out and catch up with people I haven't been seeing much this term...



Mike and I have been pretty good friends since first year when we co-led a group together. We'd meet every now and then to discuss stuff, to pray, and to chat about all kinds of things - our relationship with God, with people, our family backgrounds and our struggles... He's just one of the loveliest people I've met in my life because of his friendliness and openness, his heart for people, and his sensitivity. We became CRep and CEC in our second year, leading the college CU together with our team... ah, he's just one brother I'm gonna miss lots when I leave York this year! Another incentive to get on facebook... -grin-



Beth and I have officially married as of last night. Haha.

Anyways, it was a great day today; message in church was a clear reminder to get my priorities right. Have been feeling ups and downs for the past two weeks but that's also because I've become rather self-focused and self-centred a lot of the time, worrying about things in the future. Just yesterday I was reminded to find God and beauty in the present rather than be preoccupied with the future, and today in church I realised once again that power really comes upon surrendering - ironically. The more I keep things within my grasp the more powerless I feel, and am, and today as I was sitting in Elim four words just shot across my head:
"Who's your No. 1?"

Ah, good day. Anyways, had fabulous fabulous lunch at Lindley J with Shan, Kevin, Ailin, Jason, Lin, Wee Zi and Cui, after which we went on a random conversation about alleles and genes and animals. It was such such lovely fun. :) Slacked the afternoon away - well, actually, took the time to 'catch up' online, to MSN and reply emails, after which I met Ailin at the gym and had a good workout, though I possibly put on everything I lost by having 2 portions of food for dinner. Why is it that I crave the unhealthiest thing after a workout ah? I was walking back and in my mind there was a nice shiny bottle of orange juice (not unhealthy) and... a pack of Jack and Jill potato chips, red in colour, chilli-flavoured (very unhealthy).

Ohwell! Good times :)

Girl in Question

j.tan.eq
King's College London
English Literature
a fluffball of non-sequitors
and loving the Lord


Psalm 139:9-10

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.

LINKS

.child sponsorship. send a cow. ethically green. ethical fashion. war on want - fight global poverty. tax justice network. killer coke and coca-cola crimes. christian apologetics. a father's heart for you. cute overload. singapore angle. international volunteering opportunities. teaching abroad. online bible. our daily bread. all recipes. online music marketplace.

SPEAK IT



PICTURES

London, Egypt, Barcelona & Paris: Jun-Jul '07.
Skiing at Flaine Resort, France: Mar '07.
Tanzania: Jan '07.

& ARCHIVES

October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008