Thursday, March 15, 2007 @3:13 AM
Food, food and more food - what a blessing! This week has seen incredible food fun, and I honestly do feel stuffed. . . . .
Monday was the last night of Risky Living. Went to Alyson's house as usual, and Paul made us all the complete set of pork roast - home-made pork, yorkshire pudding, potatoes, vegetables. Pippa made us rice pudding. mmm. Ah, sad that I won't be seeing a few of them at all again, unless I start going to St Mike's evening service again - which I may be considering 'cuz I really quite like it...

Yes, then Tuesday, Jason, Ailin and I went to Leeds for walkin and shoppin. We had lovely dim sum for lunch and were so saturated with oil and meat by the end of the meal and immensely grateful for the free flow of Chinese tea that seemed to 'wash' it all away, including the calories we put on (fattt hope). Still an enjoyable experience nevertheless, because the last time I had dim sum was in London last term, and I missssssed proper Chinese food so much.

And then we went to the market - whee!! love! markets! whee! - and bought, among other things, a pomfret and 2kg of crabs. More shopping at Primark and the Chinese supermarket, where we bought kangkong and other stuff too. And, behold, the night that followed was one of
adventure and
romance, of harrowing perils and strange affinity with the strangers of one's soul. Behold,
le crabe-massacre -
Yup. And the dishes that finally landed on table were marvellous! And so chio! Things I never thought I'd eat - sambal belachan kangkong, chilli crab and fried man tou, steamed pomfret. Mmmmmmmmmmm. :D


Today Lucy came over at about 9 and we prepared breakfast together - so it was sausages, omelette with mushrooms, ham and cheese, avocado, toast with kaya, yoghurt, and Chai Bora from Tanzania. Lunch and dinner weren't special, but for supper Jason made us (Ailin, Lin and I) pancakes and we all feasted on a simple, delicious fare of pancakes with various toppings like chocolate, syrup, lemon, sugar and peanut butter.
whahahaha. 吃是福!不胖起来才怪!