<body> <body>

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 @5:48 PM

There're so many times when I feel so 'stuck' with words... for some reason I just can't relate how I feel in words. A bunch of feelings and emotions and abstracts in my head that seem to find their way out in words that don't quite fit the bill... and there're so many times when I feel thoroughly inadequate with my vocabulary bank. They're all there somewhere, the words, floating about in the fluff of clouds, drifting, and sometimes I just have such a hard time finding their lines, then tugging on the right ones, and reel them in - just to organise a sentence. Coherence was never my forte, neither is logic really. For one who claimed in a Primary 3 Science assessment that cockroaches in bell jars have the right to blow off candle flames, it looks like things haven't changed much! Trying to improve though. At least I can sense where in my essays the sentences just don't make any sense where I used to think they did. ho hum.

Don't feel too well physically, been experiencing ups and downs with health, and sudden giddiness just sets in occasionally. Sleep always does wonders, but once I wake up the body condition just deteriorates throughout the day. Don't exactly like this feeling where you feel unwell enough to refrain from activity, but you feel well enough to want some activity. Oh wells. I can't bring myself to blame Jake's super-virus, or any flu bug (that's somehow always around you realise) - at the end of the day no excuses seem justifiable, 'cuz I'm just not eating regularly, sleeping early and basically taking care of myself as I ought to.

Can't wait for the ski trip in week 10! But that would mean a final end to 3 years of BA classes... and as the final, final day of graduation draws nearer a sudden pang strikes in the heart. An end of yet another a phase; the last glimpses of faces, with last goodbyes and affectionate words. And what next? I'm still torn between schools, even though I thought I had peacefully settled on one. Rather, I'm torn between ambition and reality, between what I want and what's really best for me...... ah, distractions! Yes, what next?

So many things I don't know how to say, can't say, I shouldn't say, a bubble of words not just in my head but in my mouth just about to pop. What is this feeling? I can't say the word, with the capital L; it seems so remote, so far back, so far away from your touch; but it's what I miss, you. And there're times I wish you'd say hi, but I know that perhaps this present silence is all for the better. 7 years! What 7 years are these?

Girl in Question

j.tan.eq
King's College London
English Literature
a fluffball of non-sequitors
and loving the Lord


Psalm 139:9-10

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.

LINKS

.child sponsorship. send a cow. ethically green. ethical fashion. war on want - fight global poverty. tax justice network. killer coke and coca-cola crimes. christian apologetics. a father's heart for you. cute overload. singapore angle. international volunteering opportunities. teaching abroad. online bible. our daily bread. all recipes. online music marketplace.

SPEAK IT



PICTURES

London, Egypt, Barcelona & Paris: Jun-Jul '07.
Skiing at Flaine Resort, France: Mar '07.
Tanzania: Jan '07.

& ARCHIVES

October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008