<body> <body>

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 @12:02 AM

Ay, I told myself to sleep at 9 and it's 10.40pm, what happened to being absolutely knackered?

Anyway I'm finally home, after being away for 16 days. Feeling really physically drained because of approx. 27 hrs of travelling in the last 3 days. Now the brat in me is enjoying hot showers, Chinese food, clean water and technology... but there's a piece of me poignantly left behind in the soil of Tanzania, as when I drank its groundwater, pulled my feet through its mud in a casual stroll, and feasted my hungry eyes on the magnificence of greens and blues. And I bring back with me pieces of their own - images that far disdain digital stills, music of African drumbeats and gospel melodies, and the cries of pain, abandonment and illness in a glorious land of mountains and sunshine, harvest and rain; the music of voiceless children and whimpers of women too weak to defend their lives... a silent desperation set in a land still abounding with hope, in pleading eyes and kind samaritans, in fidelity, in love, in God; a piece of Tanzania that rejoices in the light God gives amidst the darkness of human depravity; a piece of faith.

Words alone can't possibly do justice to the 16-day journey, but I'll try. Over the next week, perhaps, I intend to write an email accounting for the distribution of funds, a 2nd email to brothers and sisters in Singapore/UK with specific concerns, experiences and prayer requests, and definitely, a blog post (expect it to be long!) about the trip with a link to pictures after uploading them. Guess I won't blog about London since all the above is enough to wring me dry of time, considering that I'm flung straight into the mid of Week 2, Term 8, and I've got 3 seminars to read for by Monday......

Ah, Tanzania, Tanzania. I already miss it so.


Girl in Question

j.tan.eq
King's College London
English Literature
a fluffball of non-sequitors
and loving the Lord


Psalm 139:9-10

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.

LINKS

.child sponsorship. send a cow. ethically green. ethical fashion. war on want - fight global poverty. tax justice network. killer coke and coca-cola crimes. christian apologetics. a father's heart for you. cute overload. singapore angle. international volunteering opportunities. teaching abroad. online bible. our daily bread. all recipes. online music marketplace.

SPEAK IT



PICTURES

London, Egypt, Barcelona & Paris: Jun-Jul '07.
Skiing at Flaine Resort, France: Mar '07.
Tanzania: Jan '07.

& ARCHIVES

October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008