Monday, June 19, 2006 @5:53 PM
18th June 2006 is going to be etched onto my memory for a long long long long long long long long long time, if not forever!!!!
Yesterday at sometime between 4 and 5pm I was engaged to this guy I briefly acquainted myself with when I was about 9. Got to see him around again when I was 15, amazing isn't it, how when someone's destined for your life he'll never run away, but anyway met him again when I was 14, nearing 15. Got to know him a bit better 'cuz I talked to him occasionally and have been hearing good stuff about him from the people around him. I thought,
hey, sounds like a good chap, he's loving, loves God and loves people, rebuilds lives, walks on water, you know, the usual stuff, but didn't expect the relationship to go further than the superficial friendship we had. In fact I thought the friendship we had was pretty sufficient, pretty deep in fact, I knew how to sing the right tunes and play around with the right words to be around this guy. Then around 17 because of a brother-in-Christ and a whole situation-turnaround at home I was suddenly brought to confrontation with this guy, my current fiance, and I suddenly thought,
you know what, I call this guy my friend but I hardly know him and didn't really care for him much more than the friendship and love he could offer, that's not very right, and decided to know this chap better. And better. And better. And it's been amazing ever since! I admit a lot of times especially in the beginning I merely turn to him solely and selfishly for solace and comfort, but day by day I just grew to love him and give myself to him and others more and more; I fell so much deeper in love each day because everything about him, including his 'difficult' parts, were absolutely flawless,
perfect. Where on earth can you find another like him? It's incredible. As our relationship grew I became stronger, wiser and eventually climbed out of my destructive bouts of self-pity and perpetual melancholy, I became a new person really, and even better than new. Amazing what love does to you, huh? I eventually decided to commit myself to this guy, and the more I surrender my commitment to this guy - you would think surrendering one's life is a sign of weakness, especially in this day and age, oh but it's immensely empowering because the difference lies now in who/what you surrender to and I know for sure this time he won't fail me, and that's the beauty of surrendering - the more joyful I am, because the match is perfect, and I know there can be no other but him.
So anyway I got engaged with him yesterday, and because he's never failed me in any promise or word I know he'll faithfully marry me one day. Don't know when that'll be tho, 'cuz he refuses to tell me, says he'll keep it a surprise. But I'm waiting hopefully and expectantly, and meanwhile the ugly, ugly world... is still ugly, but at the same time, beautiful, and it's at least now that I can appreciate the realism of things in my life without being hopelessly cynical or unrealistically ideal; aye, because love changes all things, and his love has changed all things.
Oh, and if you do not know already, his name is Jesus Christ. :)
I got baptised as a
believer (as opposed to a baby) yesterday, and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I was so glad to have been prompted to do it by Graham, Lauren, others and definitely, God. It was also a massive joy to be baptised together with some of my closest brothers and sisters - Ailin, Amanda, Rokey, Xi Ren - because I love them so much and their witness and lives have been so encouraging. 18th June 2006. Our common 2nd birthday whey-hey!
Speaking of birthday, thanks so much guys for the cards/prophecies! They were really encouraging and sweet. :) Thought of cards in relation to birthday because Yaozu and Kaki got me a card which said, "A Baby Girl" or something like that, and to my amusement the inside of the card said "Congratulations on the arrival of your daughter". Lol. Taken in context, it was a great card. Thanks. ;)
After baptism a group of us went to Kathleen's house to catch Australia and Brazil, then left after that for a dinner at Halifax which was so, so lovely. There were about 8-9?? dishes for about 15?? people. It was the usual YCCF gang (mostly HKers but with others from M'sia, SG, China, Japan, Taiwan, etc. - for the benefit of those back home). Thanks all for the awesomeness of the meal, I've been so blessed food-wise this year!! *yum* Hung around, chatted, tried to run away from the blazing radiator which couldn't be switched off, fellowshipped... after dinner we went to JJ's (college bar) to watch the last bit of Korea and France. Needless to say, we were well thrilled to see Korea's goal... abit of Asian pride there, hahah. Anyways, after a mad hunt for Uno cards and some dallying time thinking of what game's best to play, a troop of us - Shiao En, Ailin, Amanda, Nagisa, Rokey, Meiyin, Matt, and myself - settled in Wood K and had a
hilarious, hilarious 2-3 hours of games. I don't know why but everyone was abit crazy in his/her own way, and it just contributed to the crazy sense of revelry and constant laughter. There was ease and comfort around one another, and the games were really fun - played some hand-tapping game which is called Pulse or something, played it in SG once, and as usual Mafia was really fun. Anyways guys. Thanks for such such such a memorable time together. :)
-blows kisses to all-
Most of the people left about 1.30am but Meiyin and Shiao En stayed behind 'cuz we wanted to go up to Heng Chin's room to have a time of sharing and prayer. It was such an answered prayer because I had something in my heart to share with a sister but I didn't know when the appropriate time was and whether I was the appropriate person to talk about it, but after prayer I just left it to God and he just dropped this opportunity onto my lap again! Beyond that, it was just...........................AWESOME..... amazing. I don't know, I can't use words to describe it, the whole prayer session, I don't think it'll be appropriate to delve into details here but it was surely
intense. At 3ish a.m. it was the crack of dawn and light broke into the sky; in Shiao En's words - it wasn't completely bright yet, but we knew it was going to be complete light and there is already the promise that darkness is defeated, and we were all kinda in silly laughter and smiles for a while, but all we knew at the end of the thing was,
God is awesome, God is faithful, God is the ultimate protector.Love you girls. -hugs-
We chatted on and shared - some really honest, honest time of open sharing, I really admire their courage and honesty! - till about 5.30am and then went down to the kitchen where Heng Chin made us a mug of Horlicks each. Then they left at 6.30am, and I slept at 7.
18th June 2006. And, well, a portion of 19th June, but I'll consider it 18th for functional memorative purposes. So, 18th June 2006. What a day, what a day... :)
Some pictures for you, enjoy!

Lunch before baptism; they're all doing that cheesy sign in honour of me, sigh... :)

Ailin, Amanda and I at the pews all ready with our towels

Before baptism

After!
Argh I realise I don't have a picture of solely the baptismal candidates! Oh wells. And the big picture of most of YCCF with us at the centre is still with Meiyin, so I'll add that on the next post. yeah!
"You turned my mourning into dancing..." Psalm 30