Saturday, April 15, 2006 @12:18 AM
Wouldn't say it's been a productive week, but wouldn't say it hasn't been productive either. It's really surprising that after coming back from Word Alive and attending all the seminars about work (what God created us to do - cleared up some doctrinal confusion on my part) and after praying that my essay will be in His hands I had a sudden
surge of interest towards my essay and towards medieval literature. Doesn't make sense because I was whining for the whole of 10 weeks and beyond last term about how annoying medieval literature was. Somehow... I see the beauty of it now, haha, THANKS Daddy
But anyways, been doing abit of reading each day, about 3-4 hours' worth, which is not ideal considering I can do alot more, but at least I'm getting started. Slacked half of monday away sorting out emails and Halifax CU stuff; on Tues I went to the gym with Pepper and had a productive run and cycle, after which we pushed our bikes back to Halifax against a painted sunshine-drenched landscape of blues and greens and had a good talk, then weez and yiwen came over and we all had a good hearty Singaporean meal; spent Weds at Alcuin editing Yaozu's report (and learning about CS at the same time) and at Langwith after dinner studying with Yaozu and Rokey, and it was really productive then! Langwith computer room's a really conducive place to study o_O Thurs was Xi Ren's birthday - I decided that should be my mid-week Sabbath haha, because I woke up so late and in the afternoon I skyped with Tim for quite a while, then I had to run to the library to pay my fine (15 pounds, goodness) and get books out (it was such great weather! rode against the wind and bright blue sky on Heng Chin's bike and it felt so liberating, so beautiful), then cook/bake for Xi Ren's birthday gathering later on. Was slightly annoyed to find that my cake tin was missing; it grew legs and ran away from home :/ Was left with 15 minutes till 7 before I called Kaki and found out they were done with the tin and I could borrow theirs, so I foolishly ran out in my spag in the gusting wind (still, it was good weather) and shivered from Wood Court to St Lawrence and back. Got the tin, started making the stuff with Heng Chin and went over at 7.30pm for a feast feast feast. well it was a simple meal with many dishes but it felt so homey; we played silly 'orientation games' (as Singaporeans would call them) and after cake played rounds and rounds of mafia and other card games. at 2am ish Xi Ren started teaching us this brain-breaking pseudo-RPG card game about life points and defence points and the girls' brains were starting to throb. We hadn't a clue what we were playing for a large part of the game, then when we got the gist of the game it got more fun, but I guess before I got the hang of it Rokey blew me up with his machine guns and my blood points vanished into thin air - ah, such is the tragedy...
But it was fun :D
Just got home from YCCF where we had a really comprehensive Good Fri/Easter message from Matthew (well done dude!), lots of catching up with people I haven't seen for weeks - Carlos, Esther, Andrew, Winfred, etc. On our way back Winfred and I played this hand-slapping scissors-paper-stone game that killed about a million cells on the surface of my left hand because he slapped so harrrdd... but I think Yolanda would have been much more brutal, haha. As we walked towards Halifax, Xi Ren and I started talking and I'm glad to see him opening up and laughing a lot more; he's a sweet boy neh~
Tomorrow's gonna be sports day? Looking forward to burning some fat cells again... bball and badminton, mua ha ha. I'm gonna have to mug hard for the rest of the afternoon and night then. oh, but all's great, I love all of you my friends (my darlings!) and I love YOU God for making what seems like a filthy and fragmented world simply be as beautiful as You've originally ordained it to be.
*muAHhh*