Saturday, April 08, 2006 @10:30 PM
It seemed too amazing a week; and no it wasn't easy to get past this week. There were the same struggles, unfamiliar people and lingo I had to deal with, people I wasn't as close to, intensive seminars and lots of chewing on God's word...
... in fact there was a hail of warning and revelations about more of my weaknesses and ugly sides; I've never felt God so intensely in this way before and suddenly I see so many of the things I've said and done that put me to shame and I've never realised that they did. Pride has such subtlety and insidiousness and I know it's not in my position to push the blame onto her; because I'm equally unworthy and culpable - I bear her name
... and with all the self-flagellation and despair I realise only one thing will save, only one Saviour will do, because the more we entrap ourselves in a self-created world of contrivances and helpless meandering the more we lie to ourselves. it's the sceptre that draws our eyes, draws the light, draws our love. but in whose hands?
... in the hands of a Lover I struggle to have faith in not because he's been unfaithful in any way but because I have
... but that's what the cross is for, isn't it?
When I survey the wondrous cross
On which yhr Prince of glory died
My richest gain I count but loss
And pout contempt on all my pride