Monday, March 06, 2006 @6:28 PM
lol, pilfered this from a Adelalalalalala's blog:
13 Things PMS Stands For:
1. Pass My Shotgun
2. Psychotic Mood Shift
3. Perpetual Munching Spree
4. Puffy Mid-Section
5. People Make me Sick
6. Provide Me with Sweets
7. Pardon My Sobbing
8. Pimples May Surface
9. Pass My Sweatpants
10. Pissy Mood Syndrome
11. Plainly; Men Suck
12. Pack My Stuff......
13. Potential Murder Suspect
God liberated me from PMS (woohoo)!And so much for girliness. Been reading literature for the past 7 weeks and especially for the past week about women just functioning as submissive pretty creatures. According to tales the likes of
The Wife of Bath and
The Marriage of Sir Gawain and Dame Ragnelle the most horrible monster a knight can possibly chance upon - worse than an army of knights or a giant - is an ugly woman. (Aiyo... have things changed, ya think?) Also, the above two tales resoundingly concur on the fact that a woman's best desire is to have prerogative over her husband - really meh? I've read certain interpretations of a certain line in Genesis this way, but anyways I haven't experienced marriage and have
no idea whatsoever about this... but whilst reading all these texts (and especially Arthurian Romances) I started thinking indeed about that deep insidious arrogance and difficulty in submitting to
men in me, which have made things really difficult and tense in the past and in relationships neh. Lil cat with a vicious lion at heart. rarrhh! If it's one thing I hate it's
male chauvinism. Shudder!! I could reason it out enough and say I've been brought up under one extreme of being forced to submit to hollering, alongside another extreme of fighting it out myself as a woman and refusing to depend on any man for sustenance, but... aye. I've got to relinquish this insecurity and learn to submit. Like Jesus who washed their feet...!
"
Love, honour and obey" - Paulina (haha)
So, girls in the house, whacha feel about submission? Hmm. :)