<body> <body>

Friday, January 13, 2006 @1:41 AM

So, so painful to see myself perform blunder after blunder. I don't know if it's because I'm tired, don't know if it's just me being my old blur self, but I'm just finding it so hard not to blunder nowadays, especially for this month. Just feel so... discouraged. Threw my newly-bought necklace meant for the minster ball into the bin thinking it was an empty plastic bag, and it's gone because the cleaner came to collect the trash today. A while ago I got Pepper to buy contacts for me but I didn't realise they were made in England and because I assumed contacts are generally cheaper in Singapore (and they are - generally) I decided to get Pepper to buy them for me. But heck no, they're so much more expensive in Singapore and altogether it's S$180 i.e. 60 pounds for just 6 months' worth of contacts. Ouch. Blunder after blunder. Sent a mail meant just for Halifax CU to the whole world on my address book. Left the day out, too.

These things are just so... discouraging. Ominous feeling of everything going wrong from now on. These blunders aren't anything big in themselves, but it's disheartening to know I can't manage myself or organise my things properly, and like Ma always says, I can't take care of myself. On the other hand I know it's a humbling experience because I really can't, so God grant me wisdom and patience, and help me abstain from impulsive tendencies to be lazy or to do things without THINKING as I always do. :| Sigh.

On the bright side, God has been speaking rather vividly for these couple of days regarding this term's activities and areas of service. I know which to sacrifice now, and which to concentrate on. Thanks Daddy... all in good time...

Girl in Question

j.tan.eq
King's College London
English Literature
a fluffball of non-sequitors
and loving the Lord


Psalm 139:9-10

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.

LINKS

.child sponsorship. send a cow. ethically green. ethical fashion. war on want - fight global poverty. tax justice network. killer coke and coca-cola crimes. christian apologetics. a father's heart for you. cute overload. singapore angle. international volunteering opportunities. teaching abroad. online bible. our daily bread. all recipes. online music marketplace.

SPEAK IT



PICTURES

London, Egypt, Barcelona & Paris: Jun-Jul '07.
Skiing at Flaine Resort, France: Mar '07.
Tanzania: Jan '07.

& ARCHIVES

October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008