Saturday, January 14, 2006 @2:22 AM
"Give us clean hands,
Give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another."
Thanks Shiao En, for such a lovely song.I immediately cried at the airport when she let me listen to this song. It convicted me so much - I felt I've betrayed my Husband in so many ways at that point of time, that I've put so many other things and above all myself on the throne of my life. Today I'd call the day of release, 'cuz it's just been an amazing day. Spiritual warfare was so real yet again, but through the lows and dejection God made His love even more evident, and I've just got to remember that
now there is no more condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. No condemnation, none, there's no guilt to be entrapped by, no guilt that will perpetuate a cycle of sin and inferiority, because
His blood is perfect and no matter what we do it's not going to change our relationship with Him. When I was praying with Ma over skype in the afternoon, Zechariah 3:1-3 popped into my head -
Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right side to accuse him. The LORD said to Satan, "The LORD rebuke you, Satan! The LORD, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?" Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel. The angel said to those who were standing before him, "Take off his filthy clothes."
Then he said to Joshua, "See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put rich garments on you."
"The Lord rebuke you, Satan!" Everytime I recited that in my head I felt as if something in my chest was jumping out. These echoed so much of what I've been singing/reading for the past 2 days...
Isaiah 61:3
"...(God provides) for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair."
Love the song Eleena introduced to me.. "Now I can... trade these ashes in for beauty". Spoke to much to me for someone who's been marred and disfigured by ashes, but no they're no longer ashes because God's beauty is shining so much in them :)
After speaking to Ma on Skype and cyber-kissing her goodbye I showered and ran for the Halifax prayer meeting. There were only about 6-7 of us but the games, worship and prayer was amazing. Felt so good just to lift the next term to God as a college. After that we went to Jumbo's and there were more people there, along with non-Halifaxers like Taffy, Lauren and Barnes, but it was all good because they were all such a lovely bunch. We sat at a long table but I was talking mostly to Monique, Mike and Nagisa, and we had such hilarious conversations! Really really enjoyed myself and I felt so at home with them. Feel like I'm slipping into my role more and more comfortably, it's like knowing that certain shoes are made just right for your feet, and you feel more and more comfortable in them? Haha, weird analogy. But yeah. I'm really glad that God's given me something I feel really right for :) Like I read in a book, nothing beats knowing the fact that you're walking in God's will - amen! Anyways. Mike was absolutely hilarious with his kiwi and plates and plates of food, just wonder how he keeps so slim with all that food.. and Monique was as sporting and crazy as ever, had many good laughs over all kinds of things and random jokes. Got to talk with most of them, girls mainly, and... yeah. Steph was as lovely and encouraging as usual. :) After Jumbo's some of us went over to Barnes' and Ben's and had an absolutely amazing prayer session and it's the kind I love - true worship, true prayer, spontaneous, free and easy, no structure, you can stand, sit, kneel, dance, clap, shout, cry, pray, laugh, whatever! And THAT'S true worship and freedom of expression, with no inhibitions and barriers between people, no pride or fear of appearing foolish, with free expression of love for God and laughing in joy for our security and love in Him. I felt the final release from condemnation when I just cried and let everything go...
Thank You Abba. God is peeling the onion again. So many layers have come off and my shoulders feel so much lighter, but there're more to peel, more tears to shed, more pain in surrendering, more healing from the past, but more joy and laughter, less burdens, greater confidence, greater glory, greater glory in Him.
More love. There's no fear in love. 'cuz there's no judgment. :) (1 John 4)
Anyways. Was ploughing thru Lin's and Pepper's pics (And there're so many more to go..!) and thought I'd post some of my fave ones up:

Me proposing to Joy. Haha. Haus der Musik, in Vienna.

Junk we'd eat everyday

All of our feet :)

All of us 'cept for Lin doing a pseudo-Charlie's angels pose

Lovely, lovely picture of Budapest

Lol... don't ask...



Love these shots.