Wednesday, November 16, 2005 @4:19 PM
Ok, realised I've been rambling some Woolf/JamesJoyce-style gibberish over the past few days but things
had to be cryptic and I didn't want to be dishonest about my current state. After all this blog
is meant to update you lovely fellas on the situation here in York. (Sounds too serious ain't it?) In fact I think that was what struck me last night and I told myself to type in a proper, understandable entry today. (the problems of public blogging, which is such an irony sometimes)
Having a bowl of beef rendang, rice and salad. I love raw veg because I just can't be bothered to cook them. They taste better raw than in their half-cooked or over-limp states. Yes I'm not a very patient cook... hence the wonderful pre-mixes! Hurrah! Rendang. Mmmmm.
Cooked rendang yesterday because Linda came over to Wood K (where I live). She's a lovely ex-housemate of mine, Finnish but lived in Germany in her teens. Her parents are thinking of moving to China to work! Whoa! I can't imagine the challenges a foreigner would have to face in China, especially if he doesn't speak the lanugage and has to adapt his entire family to the lifestyle there. But according to Linda, they don't mingle much with the community anyway; expats live in a (figuratively) fenced-off compound, they live there self-sufficient, happy, and totally isolated. Hm. Pretty much planting your own world in the backyard of another person's house. (Kathleen Ni Houlihan's
Strangers in the house ring a bell here...)
China keeps coming up these days... ah. Can't wait for the ministry to unfold. But I suppose everything's being revealed alittle at a time because I won't be able to take the whole thing now anyway. Still getting used to the idea, and these few days messages from The Big Boss have been incredibly clear because the same few ideas keep getting repeated:
Carry the cross. Persecution. Humiliation. Rejection, even. "Whoever keeps his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."Harsh huh? I suppose it's an awakening call. Are you willing to commit to Christ even to the point of death?
"The worst they can do is kill you."
Well, I suppose that's true. :)
Aside from thoughts as such, I'm actually getting a thesis for my next essay from the bible. (yes, about life and death and death and life and D
le
ia
ft
eh.) It's happened more than twice and I'm so happy God's so active in my essay-planning and writing. :D The fact that I'm doing well is all glory to Him! T. S. Eliot's
The Waste Land is so enchanting.......
*jumps randomly*
I want a husband whose heart has soft soil. :|
Sigh. So difficult, these things.
Listening. Do you listen? Do you listen well? What is your motive for listening?
Love? are you willing to listen as you expect to be listened to? (you realise it goes both ways, not just for the listener) WHERE ARE YOUR EARS, PEOPLE?!
where are my ears. :(
I sometimes wonder if it's a result of the many -ism and RIGHTS movements such that people want to be heard more than they want to listen. But it's weird tho - why are people so willing just to be passive and listen to a machine yak for 4-5 hours? (The TV) Channel-flipping, I guess. Gives them the choice to listen to what they want to listen and filter out the rest.
Convenience is such a bane sometimes... especially when it infiltrates the simpler but more significant areas of our lives, or seeps down to the roots of our existence. Communication, for example? So many communicate and interact out of convenience nowadays. tis no wonder so many just feel... unloved. Which perpetuates its evils. Big cycle that goes round and round and round like the Happy Tree Friends at the playground.
Above all I'm still happy. :) Very happy wheee! because God is loving and good and fantastically faithful *muah* Three cheers for Abba!