Saturday, May 28, 2005 @10:18 PM
Delta Goodrem's
I Can Sing a Rainbow didn't realise its full impact on me until today.
Walked home from CU at 9ish, and the sun was just about to set then. The clouds were shades of dark grey to drab to pink and streaks of orange; the sky painted with a blue-green gradient and enchanting hue of something that I couldn't quite make out. Trees were complementing the background with shades from the lightest, palest green to the deep dark of the forest; grass was expansive and stretched to further bourns, little daisies danced around in their meadows with the wind's opus. The best thing about it is everything is low-rise and open... no compact alignment of buildings to obscure the view, no dauntingly tall trees, no dense population of cars, the sound of shuffling footsteps of just a person or two......
Red and yellow and pink and green
Purple and orange and blue
I can sing a rainbow,
sing a rainbow,
sing a rainbow too.
Listen with your eyes
Listen with your ears,
and sing everything you see,
I can sing a rainbow,
sing a rainbow,
sing along with me.