<body> <body>

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 @10:47 PM

Went to Newcastle yesterday... wow, for the first time I really realised how small York is. And I never expected England to be so pretty! From gazing out of the window each time I took a train someplace, I had expected England to be pretty standardised (well it is, mostly) - blocks of houses, darker skies, squares and rectangles and fixed-angles. The journey to Newcastle was really different - large pastures, green and green and sky blue, lots of sheep! And Newcastle itself was quite pretty. Went to the coast and had fish and chips.. oh wow, the cod was fantabulous. I miss eating fish! Shall make it a regular thing to have salmon, though it costs a lot more.
Met up with Wanling, who brought me around Newcastle. We saw the bridges, its castle, and shopped at the factory outlet! Oh goodness, sports stuff were really really (comparatively) cheap! There was a Nike and Reebok factory store there, and the Reebok stuff were really really pretty. But.... yeah. Didn't buy ya. Guess it's really stuff I don't need. I bought stuff that I really needed - new running shoes, 'cuz my old pair is wearing out after travelling, and another pair of track pants. My shoes only cost 14 quid! Muaha! Baby pink and silver... haha. If it were one year ago it'll be really atypical of the type of shoe I'd wear. It seems that the older I get the brighter the colours I prefer.

Flabbs. Speaking of Sports, I'm getting REALLY flabby. Jeans are tighterrr. I kept eating and eating during travelling... though we walked a lot, I'm SURE it was an overall gain of mass + weight. and now there's no fixed routine (timetable) I feel less inclined to run or go to the gym. NArrrr! Will go play tennis tomorrow. And run on Thurs. Don't think it'll ever work off the Chinese buffet I had last night tho...

Girl in Question

j.tan.eq
King's College London
English Literature
a fluffball of non-sequitors
and loving the Lord


Psalm 139:9-10

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.

LINKS

.child sponsorship. send a cow. ethically green. ethical fashion. war on want - fight global poverty. tax justice network. killer coke and coca-cola crimes. christian apologetics. a father's heart for you. cute overload. singapore angle. international volunteering opportunities. teaching abroad. online bible. our daily bread. all recipes. online music marketplace.

SPEAK IT



PICTURES

London, Egypt, Barcelona & Paris: Jun-Jul '07.
Skiing at Flaine Resort, France: Mar '07.
Tanzania: Jan '07.

& ARCHIVES

October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008