Friday, April 29, 2005 @10:12 PM
Heaven's perfect mystery
The King of love has sent for me
Now You're singing over me
The Father's SongI've just experienced what it means to be loved by God like a daughter... and to have the Father's love like that of a father. Been listening to Matt Redman's The Father's Song, and reading a course book called "Evelina" in which the female protagonist is semi-orphaned and adopted into the loving care of a Reverend. Yesterday I suddenly realised how God
is the perfect, ideal father. All my life I've been looking for a perfect 'father' model but I didn't realise that one was so readily available to me, and perfect in every way... My Father's there to talk and be a listening ear whenever His little child wants to whine and cry, whether she's PMSing or... whatever. He's there to provide the 'manly counsel' that I've always needed, satisfied graciously the want of masculine care and affection.
... He's always been by my side as a "daddy God" (Zing's voice came into my head when I thought of these 2 words) holding my hand. He was there when I first learnt how to walk... how to speak... how to ride a bike... holding my hand and dabbing my tear-stained cheeks through my multiple surgeries... been there at every ceremony and award-giving reception... been there for all my concerts and performances... been there for every dinner and family meal... with me when I work or study. And when I fall and stumble, always willing to carry me and set me on his shoulders.
For the first time yesterday, God has helped me to understand His nature as a real father. And this can never be replaced by human love......