Tuesday, March 08, 2005 @11:00 AM
I was scrolling down my list of msn contacts and saw a friend's nick go: "I'm always a victorian!"
That word speaks volumes to me now that I'm drawing close to the term. After all, we
are doing the VICTORIANS. Now everytime I hear Victoria JC or Victoria something, there seems to be several dimensions added to that word - don't know if it's good or bad. I immediately think of prudishness, repression, declining Faith, poverty, horrible policies, cruelty, industrialisation......
and uber thick novels.
But I'm proud to be a Victorian. :)
It's always meant something to me. There was this email going around once about all the JCs and how many people it'll take to change a light bulb. Appararently the one for VJ took the whole school - one to screw the bulb and the rest to cheer on. Satirical as it is, what's wrong with it, right? I'm proud to have been a cheerleader. Haha. JC was wonderful. Well, most of it was constituted of the Choir Room and going loony with the choir babes like Jean Eve Faye Jac Zing Delle Shuhui; Prague (sigh) and SYF and endless singing... and recess sessions with Ting Jun Wendy Daphne Fadzry Weiqiang Marcus. Talking about nothing and everything, playing
carrom, playing bingo during lectures? Haha. And laughing at Mr Ueng for being so adorably blur. Studying in the choir room till late and getting sick of it, then running to the beach to jog and take a breather, stare at the sea waves sky horizon ships world. ah, and I love my uniform. I actually miss wearing it now.
Reminiscing! I'm not morose, don't worry. It's nice looking back once in a while :) Relishing the present and looking forward to the future, although a tad bit apprehensive. But God is starting to reveal wonderful plans for ministry and I thank Him for so so so many fervent brothers and sisters on campus here. The state of Faith here is really extreme - either they're entirely indifferent or abhorrent of it, or they're incredibly enthusiastic and excited for God. I suppose this is where the kingdom draws its line too...
it's either we're for God, or against Him.
Do you know where you're standing?