<body> <body>

Monday, February 07, 2005 @8:37 PM

The weather was freezing today... the temperatures were climbing up progressively and we were pretty comfortable with 8-10 deg, but it plummeted to about 3 deg today. The wind made it worse. I felt so horrible out in the cold, especially when my nose was block and I was phlegmy and stuff.

Was very anxious yesterday 'cuz I couldn't finish the text. Eventually I resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't be able to complete it by today, so I just read at my normal pace before I slept. Still not a good idea tho, 'cuz there was, perhaps, some underlying anxiety. Should have just prayed and slept. Kept dreaming about myself frantically searching for my air ticket back home (weird 'cuz the setting was in SINGAPORE tho I knew I was searching for a tic back to singapore.oh wells). Kept finding the same places again and again and again... you know, everytime I'm really anxious before I sleep (conscious or subconscious) I will dream of a fast-paced, high-intensity series of events, or something along those lines. Usually I dream of being chased. And yesterday it was just a repetitive, frantic searching of the same drawers again and again. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well and I woke up feeling very sickly.

Went for prayer meeting in the afternoon and it set many things right. Spent the rest of the day in the library trying to finish Woman In White (which is a great book. sensational novel of the Victorian times, after all) and I went for German class in the evening. Felt incredibly slow in acquiring the vocabulary and grammar but I suppose I 'excused' myself since I was in such a blur state of mind the entire day. On the way back as I was walking I kept praying... didn't know why I felt so uneasy when there was nothing really apparently wrong in my relationship with God. I was getting all tense 'cuz I kept thinking, "Am I not sensitive to God enough? Is God unhappy with me? Why do I feel so lousy? I feel so lazy and unworthy. Am I doing something God doesn't like? Is God telling me something and I'm unwilling to listen? Am I a good testimony? Am I spending too much time on myself and less on serving God?, etc." I felt so... argh, I don't know what the word is. LOUSY. and confused, basically. But I realised, as I was walking back, that there was absolutely NO reason that I should feel that way because the week was going fine so far, despite some little inconveniences, and I knew very well that I was in God's hands and doing nothing wrong. Why didn't I think of it? -- Satan's whispers were getting to me! When I realised I just kept praising God and singing and worshipping while I walked... and it did great wonders! CHRIST is in me and Satan is at my feet. I shall have no fears :) because God is my refuge and strength...

Girl in Question

j.tan.eq
King's College London
English Literature
a fluffball of non-sequitors
and loving the Lord


Psalm 139:9-10

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.

LINKS

.child sponsorship. send a cow. ethically green. ethical fashion. war on want - fight global poverty. tax justice network. killer coke and coca-cola crimes. christian apologetics. a father's heart for you. cute overload. singapore angle. international volunteering opportunities. teaching abroad. online bible. our daily bread. all recipes. online music marketplace.

SPEAK IT



PICTURES

London, Egypt, Barcelona & Paris: Jun-Jul '07.
Skiing at Flaine Resort, France: Mar '07.
Tanzania: Jan '07.

& ARCHIVES

October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008