Wednesday, February 09, 2005 @12:00 AM
It's Pancake Day!
Honestly, yes. I forgot what the original name for it was but my housemates call it Pancake Day (like Christmas, pancakes seem to dominate the day rather than the meaning behind it...), which is part of the Lent Season. Basically, it symbolises 'giving up' or sacrificing things for the Lord. Apparently, during the Lent season families have to give up some things (not too sure what and how) and in making pancakes, it symbolises giving up staples like milk, eggs and flour.
My housemates gave me two pancakes. :) Yum. I think that was the first time I tried pancakes that were made from scratch.
And the traditional way of eating it is by squeezing lemon juice and sprinkling sugar on top... then rolling it up (like popiah) and slicing it. Interesting! And it tastes great.
But I smeared the second one with chocolate spread... arghhhhh been eating wayyy too much chocolate!
Happy Pancake Day...