Thursday, February 17, 2005 @1:12 AM
It feels so nice to be around friends... I'm a people-person, really.
Tom called me at my room and asked if I liked red wine.. think he was bored so he called me down and I went to the kitchen. We had a good chat about miscellaneous stuff over wine. (long time since I had wine! Just 2 glasses and I feel whoozy now but I'm perfectly conscious of my actions and thoughts) We talked earlier on about God and Christianity... and I had such difficulty trying to explain that it wasn't a belief or institution... but I get where he's coming from, I guess. Sigh, it's just so hard...
but anyway, I'm really so glad I get along pretty well with my housemates. :) Praise God...
I had a teeny bit of doubt earlier this evening after I attended the lecture (and after talking to tom) on Victorian Faith and Doubt. not that I doubted God or anything... but I kinda doubted my own confidence and knowledge about the bible and God. I really didn't know how to answer Tom in a lot of ways or how to address the issues raised in the lecture. Ohh man. God grant me strength. And I'm supposed to do a presentation next week on this guy who was a religious fellow but left Oxford because of his doubts. Ayee.. I guess I was quite taken aback by how readily these people accepted views that were contrary to God's and the bible's. But... I guess I'm forced to explore more of these since I have to write an essay and presentation on it. I really really pray I won't sway or be sidetracked. God grant me focus!
I'm gonna miss my housemates so much when they move out! :(