Saturday, February 26, 2005 @2:35 PM
Had an 11-hour sleep and woke up at 12.30... arrrr shiok. It's to repay my sleep debt I suppose, because I slept at 5 the previous night (Or morning). My essay was due and I suppose I prefer this loads more to the one I last wrote, but I was really dead beat when I woke up the following day. It's like your mind wants to go ahead without your body, so it races on while your body feels a tonne heavier.... bleagh. But anyway! At least my essay's done. I thought I could relax after Friday but I have to work over the weekend to finish my seminar work by Monday. Brian's (my tutor) got the venues/equipment/schedule/something messed up so he wants us to finish both days' work by Mon. That's crazy... I think I'll be really silent throughout the seminar because I would have just finished the minimum reading in time and not touched any secondary ones. Oh well! I don't mind my weekends getting burnt by work though - at least time passes faster.
It's quite a contradiction ya. I love it here - the environment - I love studying (compared to working!) - the 7-hour contact time per week (hurhurhur) - CU! - the people in general... but I want time to pass quickly because when it passes really slowly I start to think too much, and my mind gets transported back to home again. I realise that when I'm really busy and I don't think about stuff, I keep dreaming about them instead! Ack. Post-Freudian readers, I'll leave you to psychoanalysis...
But oh wells. Like I said in an earlier post, I gotta learn (and AM learning) to focus on the joys of the present. And most importantly I know I'm happy that I'm in God's will. :) Heard a quote somewhere before, and it goes along the lines of, "If your circumstances find yourself in God's will, you will find God in your circumstances." Yes and amen!
I watched "Finding Neverland" yesterday at the student cinema. Goodness! I never realised how unusually charming Johnny Depp is until yesterday. I mean, I always thought he had some sense of an appeal but yesterday's movie reinforced that point. I don't think he's fascinatingly good-looking, but he has this cold, detached and brood-ish charm. Oh! And the small boy (who took on the name Peter in the show) was wonderful!!! My heart broke when I saw him cry, shout and struggle with the woes of reality. Towards the end I was thinking to myself, "This is such a poignant show but I'm not in tears. This is quite amazing." But at the very end I burst in tears precisely because of the boy and the way he relayed his thoughts and emotions... sigh, really can't imagine the pain he's going through. Ya, go watch it, dudes and dudettes. It's really nice. So nice I immediately asked Cuifen for her copy of Peter Pan. Haha...
We're into Week 8! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 3 more weeks to France!!!