<body> <body>

Saturday, January 29, 2005 @3:23 PM

Really odd but the temperature seems to be rising. I mean, it's good that it's getting warm but this means I won't get to see snow already. Oh well...

I played tennis yesterday! Ailin and I are the absolute beginners, and we had Jason as our coach. He was really really patient! Wow. Anyway, I had such a great time because I've never had a proper lesson of tennis before, and this was like the greatest fun I've had *attempting* to play tennis. Haha. Yay. I hope I return to Singapore actually knowing how to play a game......
Aside from that I went to the gym yesterday as well. Got really tired at the end of the day; was in Ailin's room and we were making plans and booking accommodation/transport for our Easter hols. We're going to France and Italy... and surprisingly, the costs are estimated to be about 700 pounds. Which is like how high!
I mean, the budget airfares are quite low, but the accommodation and train tics are really expensive. So everything is offset and you get about the same price as a group package tour from Singapore. Okok, but it's free and easy if we go ourselves so I'm not complaining...
But anyway, after planning everything, we watched The Royal Tenenbaum Family (did I spell it right?) at Ailin's place. We were all dozing off (most of us just resigned to sleep while the show was playing) but Cui and I kinda persisted to the end and watched it. Luke Wilson! Ahh. :) Don't know why but I'm attracted to guys who look brood-ish. Ahem. Ok that was just a side comment...

Two weeks of consistent gym-going. You go girl......

Two weeks seemed really long. I've been busy most of the time, running around and attending to stuff. And I've barely done any reading outside of my set readings. Which is bad 'cuz I feel so ill-prepared. I'm doing better in seminars 'cuz I've decided to just *whack* and not feel so self-conscious... which worked for the last seminar. But I need to buck up. I can envisage myself going on a rollercoaster (emotional/spiritual/physical) in 2 weeks' time because it's CU's mission week (lots and lots and lots of events), I have to complete a 700-page novel for seminars and that excludes other readings I have to complete in the same week, and my first essay is due. AGHH. I can't do it on my own... God grant me strength.

But the past 2 weeks have been ok precisely because I've been kept busy. Now that there's only academic work to complete... I'm starting to feel the gaping hole in my heart again. Of missing home. Missing people. Wanting to talk to them. It's not good. It only goes to show I've been filling that hole with events and meeting people and yada. I suddenly feel so weak for the first time in 7 days (which seemed rather long to me) and I have to keep reminding myself that God is all I need to keep me going...

And God is faithful, afterall.

Girl in Question

j.tan.eq
King's College London
English Literature
a fluffball of non-sequitors
and loving the Lord


Psalm 139:9-10

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.

LINKS

.child sponsorship. send a cow. ethically green. ethical fashion. war on want - fight global poverty. tax justice network. killer coke and coca-cola crimes. christian apologetics. a father's heart for you. cute overload. singapore angle. international volunteering opportunities. teaching abroad. online bible. our daily bread. all recipes. online music marketplace.

SPEAK IT



PICTURES

London, Egypt, Barcelona & Paris: Jun-Jul '07.
Skiing at Flaine Resort, France: Mar '07.
Tanzania: Jan '07.

& ARCHIVES

October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008