<body> <body>

Thursday, December 09, 2004 @4:47 PM

It's the end of another Thurs...
Right from the beginning of this week I was looking forward to this day because it'll mean that my essay is over and done with and I have relatively less readings to do for the next week. It also means that there's only 1 week left to departure... and to home.
I'm kinda excited to go home, yeah, but it's pretty much dulled by the fact that I haven't received my ticket. Ailin's mom sent it by registered mail quite some time ago and it should have been here since days ago? Maybe even a week ago. I don't know. The fact that it's not here is pretty disconcerting. Where's my ticket.... :(
I really want to go home.
But, sigh. If it's God's will and I'm meant to go home, I'll go home. Otherwise... I'll stay here. Oh well.

Slept at 3ish again this morning 'cuz I was rushing the essay. Feel quite jaded now but I shouldn't sleep because I know I'll never wake up.

Looking forward to the weekend. It means I can play. And there's the carol service in the minster on sunday!

Being here really opens you up. And it definitely raises your level of tolerance towards many things. All my friends from about sec sch to JC have been *relatively* guai... I mean, they're not exceptionally deviant or liberal and stuff. But here you get extremes... I suppose in NUS or singapore unis it may be the same as well, I don't know. It's like, I was heading off for my seminar this morning and I know the Finnish girl has a seminar at the same time, so I went towards her room to call her. Then I heard voices in the shower... yes, voices. Male and female voice. They were talking normally and stuff.. but the shower was running, so either they were showering together or... ok, I don't want to think anymore. I was like, "whattttt...?" when I turned away and headed out the main door... but. Yeah. Then later on I found out that another seminar mate of mine used to live with her boyfriend and stuff... I suppose it's pretty normal for them. But it suddenly struck me that people around me could be far more liberal than I thought. Silly, right? I should've known earlier. But yeah. Without a God, without any strict sense of "moral" discipline (which sounds hokey for skeptics actually), I really wonder what kind of relationships couples can have... it's quite scary. I remember kor telling me that a girl without religion is terrifying.. because he's had this friend who sleeps around and stuff. Aye, what're relationships coming to? People seem to believe that any notions of purity and responsibility in a relationship are dead... or at least that is being portrayed to me now. Sigh...

God is good. All the time.

Girl in Question

j.tan.eq
King's College London
English Literature
a fluffball of non-sequitors
and loving the Lord


Psalm 139:9-10

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.

LINKS

.child sponsorship. send a cow. ethically green. ethical fashion. war on want - fight global poverty. tax justice network. killer coke and coca-cola crimes. christian apologetics. a father's heart for you. cute overload. singapore angle. international volunteering opportunities. teaching abroad. online bible. our daily bread. all recipes. online music marketplace.

SPEAK IT



PICTURES

London, Egypt, Barcelona & Paris: Jun-Jul '07.
Skiing at Flaine Resort, France: Mar '07.
Tanzania: Jan '07.

& ARCHIVES

October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008