<body> <body>

Thursday, December 02, 2004 @2:11 PM

Awwwwwwwww!!!

I'm so touched!!!

Came back to find this blue letter on the window sill with Singapore stamps and my name on it. Couldn't figure out whose handwriting it was on the front face, then I opened it... Reverend Goh and family sent me a beautiful card with their well wishes on it... and it was so sweet! Each member of the family wrote something and signed off. Was so moved by it... someone, anyone, please help convey the message to them that I'm really grateful to them for and encouraged by the card! :)

I decided to stay after all, but I'll keep the available house in view. Moving is a really attractive option because it's nearer to Costcutter and nearer to the better-lit path lighting (I still use the path anyway, although it's further from the court I'm staying in). Also, there're only 4 occupants at the moment and they're all female, which means it'll be a lot quieter. But... I decided to stay 'cuz Andy persuaded me to... and I realise that I really will miss my housemates if I were to move. I'll hardly see them around if I don't live with them. Andy's doing philosophy next term so he definitely won't be my seminar mate either. You know... when he realised I was going to move he wrote this 2-page long letter and slid it under my door to apologise and ask me to stay! That was so sweet. The letter was really quite touching and I didn't know my moving would matter so much... but anyway, yeah. He promised to switch rooms with me if I found it too noisy (My room's just above the kitchen). Hm. Yeah. Oh well... I find it much easier to get along with Andy than anyone else, primarily because he's more open to Asians I suppose. His sister is on the JET program (Japanese English Teaching) in Japan and he watches Asian films and anime and stuff... and I get along very well with him, I discovered a few days ago, because he's kinda like the British equivalent of Ting Jun. (Hi TJ if you're reading this -- long time since I heard from ya!) I don't attempt to do any form of characterisation here but... yeah... ok it's quite ineffable so I'll just leave it as there...

Just thought I might like to include a few lines from Shakespeare's first tragedy, Titus Andronicus. It's a tiny glimpse of the entire book...

TITUS
... 'Tis true, 'tis true, witness my knife's sharp point.
He stabs the Empress
SATURNINUS
Die, frantic wretch, for this accursed deed.
He kills Titus
LUCIUS
Can the son's eye behold his father bleed?
There's meed for deed, death for a deadly deed.
He kills Saturninus
(V.2.62-65)

Yepp. But it's a good play I suppose. Gruesome, but with meaning. Kinda heart-wrenching though... anyway, I'm gonna take the Christmas to read read read and read! Read stuff I've always wanted to read but never had the time to... agh. Okay speaking of reading I gotta rush some seminar work now.

Girl in Question

j.tan.eq
King's College London
English Literature
a fluffball of non-sequitors
and loving the Lord


Psalm 139:9-10

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.

LINKS

.child sponsorship. send a cow. ethically green. ethical fashion. war on want - fight global poverty. tax justice network. killer coke and coca-cola crimes. christian apologetics. a father's heart for you. cute overload. singapore angle. international volunteering opportunities. teaching abroad. online bible. our daily bread. all recipes. online music marketplace.

SPEAK IT



PICTURES

London, Egypt, Barcelona & Paris: Jun-Jul '07.
Skiing at Flaine Resort, France: Mar '07.
Tanzania: Jan '07.

& ARCHIVES

October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008