Saturday, November 20, 2004 @2:30 AM
Woohoo! -3 deg C at the moment. No wonder it was really freezing outside. But you know what, it's still pretty bearable at the moment. If it goes down any further, which probably will happen because it's still AUTUMN, I'm going to freeeeeeeeze. Thank God I'm going back for Christmas. But that means when I come back I'm gonna have a more difficult time adjusting back to the weather.
But isn't it wonderful to know that God has so created our skin to adapt well to the environment? Perhaps not entirely well because it still takes some adjusting to, but the knowledge that He created us in a special way allows me to enjoy the cold more. It's like a privilege.
Anyway. I just came back from watching Farenheit 9/11. I'm still not anti-Bush or whatever. I think the movie was quite biased from the start, although it did become more factual towards the end. Still, one can't dispute that the angle of perspective was skewed from the start. Not to say that I doubt everything Moore was suggesting, because he did make some very valid points. For one, I was quite disillusioned about how Bush's way of handling issues was so money-focused... centred so much on investments and funds. Then again, like I was telling Ailin, since when was politics not driven by economics? She slammed a Marxist label on me out of jest. Anyway. Yeah. The
suggested link between the Bush family and Saudi investors appears quite believable... and some of Bush's immediate actions after 9/11 were rather questionable, honestly. STILL, it's a biased movie and biased information can't be trusted, well to a certain extent of course. A polemic can only
sound valid if it does introduce counter arguments and rebuts them with a very convincing argument of its own. What's an argument when it just corroborates what it states without making known an awareness of exceptions or an antithesis of some sort?
Yeah. Plus the fact that we have very limited knowledge to whatever is REALLY going on in Bush's head, or in congress, or the white house, or whatever pertaining to the government. All information we have is mediated by the media (haha unintentional play on words here) and the perspective we are given is whatever perspective the media decides to take, newspapers and TV news included. How can we disclaim that what we know is what goes on, or went on? And if we have such imperfect knowledge... how are we even right in making any sort of judgment on what sort of president Bush is?
I have faith in God for appointing His people. He doesn't appoint perfect people to thrones and leaders have been known to make mistakes, grievous ones in fact, but...... there's always a reason behind God's plan huh? And in this case, when He places certain authorities on us.
Haii. coughing away. and my pi pa gao is finishing......