Saturday, November 20, 2004 @10:35 PM
When I walk outside at night I can see the grass glitter and shine. It's like glitter dust spread all over! Had a little fun just now stepping on puddles of ice, making a 'crackle' sound whenever I jump from one ice spot to another.
This is an experience I never could've experienced in Singapore. Many times I walk along the path back to my dorm, which I call home now, breathing out visible mist (which still enthralls me) and letting my eyes rest on the field, bare trees... and at night there's the gorgeous sky with its stars singing their little chorus from their fixed seats... many times, when I do that, I just feel a deep sense of gratitude to God in my heart because this is such an experience to cherish. I'm not trying to rub it in to people who're studying in Singapore, really sorry if it made you feel uncomfortable in any way, but I'm just really thankful to God for giving me this opportunity to study here, and especially in York. Praise...
Just came back from CU meeting. I sang in the worship team today, and it felt good to sing for God in a team again. All the team members are really good in their special field of music, and the whole practice took just 1.5 hours because everyone improvised on the spot. And yes they were really skilful and sensitive... because Paul, the worship leader, didn't even give a lot of directions. They were very... eager to play. :) Initially they didn't take much initiative to introduce themselves or befriend me and Linz, this other girl who's playing for the first time, but eventually we broke the first barriers of communication and got along quite alright. I hope more fellowship breeds familiarity, and familiarity, comfort. And comfort... sharing, and then REAL fellowship. Hehe. But i don't know if I'll be playing in the same team next time... oh well. They were really nice people.
The sermon was fantastic. It was titled "Operation WORLD", aptly called to illustrate the need to actively spread the gospel to other international students here. The speaker illustrated TONNES of bible verses right through from Genesis to Revelation that included the words "to all the nations", wrt sharing the Gospel. Right from Genesis, in God's promises to Abram, I was alerted to the fact that God has already instituted a special plan to offer ALL people and nations a way back to Him right from the very beginning. I'd always known this at the back of my head, but never realised it was so evident in the bible. Israel, a 'chosen nation', wasn't chosen in the beginning for exclusive redemption. Rather, they were chosen to be salt and light to the world, so that through them, the world could know of God and His ways, and be saved. In Genesis 12:3, we see that God promised Abram He'll bless people of all nations through him; David, in his psalms (Ps 67 is one of them), proclaimed God's majesty and stated that one day, people of all nations will worship Him; Daniel 7:13-14 and other verses in Ezekiel and Jeremiah that I don't remember all talk about the salvation of people of all nations... right through to Luke 2:29-32 in the NT, and others in Matthew as well, where God's salvation plan to
all is revealed. And in Acts 2:9-10 and chaps 8-10 where so many believers come from all over the world... in Revelations where a New Jerusalem will be constituted of peoples of different nations, tribes and tongues. Wow. I never understood the impact of God's salvation plan to all people until today. And actually, I should have understood it better since I'm a Gentile myself. It's quite amazing how so many verses from the bible, written over
centuries, can testify to the same God, same salvation plan, same Holy Spirit that works in us, and the same Messiah. Mannn... amazing. Praise God :)
Trying hard to resist chocolate and chocolate digestives after a cough attack last night. I've only got myself to blame for indulging in some ice cream (sorry Ma)... I guess I've learnt from it. Trying... to... resist... chocolate...