Friday, November 26, 2004 @2:24 AM
Was reading feminist theories and feminist works... some are really quite interesting but hm. I don't know what stand I should take amongst these feminists. For example: I believe in 'essentialism', which basically states that a woman is born a woman, and a man, a man. And ya, feminists raise questions, or even denounce, the very basis of essentialism... being feminine is a social construct (which I believe to be true, however) and so is being woman (which I disagree, but I can't explain why outside of a religious premise).
... But, true, if the feminist literary movement hadn't progressed to such heights I wouldn't be able to voice my opinions on this blog now. I believe in being submissive to my husband, definitely. But I like having my own voice sometimes. Well. I guess I'd have to thank them for establishing this certain sense of freedom... but
too much freedom for women in society sometimes degenerates into... rather misproper conduct. Then again, if I were to talk feminist language, 'proper conduct' is simply a social construct, isn't it? Still. Aiyah. argh. I'm just going to keep quiet during my seminar discussion.
...
Moderation. Things are always good in moderation. Even freedom.