<body> <body>

Saturday, November 06, 2004 @10:59 PM

The night skies have been so beautiful this week, and particularly days of late. Fireworks have been going up in the sky randomly and every now and then you get to see red explosions, golden rain, colours of green, pink, and orange colour the black blanket that hovers over us... Many gatherings to set off fireworks have been arranged, but I didn't go for the CU one because I came back to eat and continue with Emily Dickinson.

I always feel like praising, praising God non-stop everytime after I come back from a CU meeting. It just fills me with so much joy...
The flip side of it is that I know I shouldn't depend on such meetings to feel joy, but I should depend on the Lord Himself. But thank God for these meetings anyway! They must be a source of help and not an obstacle to the Father...

Talked to Andy, Andrew, Jon, etc. just now, after the CU meeting. Ok just for clarification, CU organises weekly services on campus on Saturday when we get sermons and a time of worship, as well as updates on CU activities. Yup Eleena and I are pretty much going to serve in the same areas, the Worship and International ministries. I feel so excited to serve!

How you spend your time is really important. We all have freedom to choose but what we gain from our actions differs substantially, depending on our choices. God spoke to me in the word today: "For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life." Galations 6:8
I realise that I've put too much focus on having fun and studying for myself that I've forgotten what my real purpose here is. Thank you Lord for waking me up...
I'm here to serve, to love, to "carry the burdens" of all whom I'm called to love. And to bring glory to God...

Today's sermon was great too. It was on Colossians 3:19ff. I was feeling really stressed last night and this morning and prayed about it... I really have a lot of work that's coming and I was feeling lost about the essay. Didn't know how to go about doing it... felt so tired about it (in other words, sian). But one of the verses preached about today is "In everything you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not as to men" Col 3:23 Yep... the preacher said "treat your studies, your papers, your essays, your whole COURSE... as worship to God." That cleared things up instantly! Praise God! :)

And a lot of things about relationships... parent-child, wife-husband, slave-master. Interesting thing to note is that though we don't really "own" slaves nowadays, it could also apply to anyone who's below you on the 'social ladder' i.e. cleaners, domestic helpers, anyone. "Do you realise that students can behave like princes and princesses.. and lecturers kings and queens? Oh.. yes, I heard someone say gods."
Haha yeah. :)

Gotta go heat up my food now. My meepok-tomyam creation is quite nice you know... haha with CHICKEN stock some more. And fishballs and fishcake and lettuce... quite nice. Then I'm gonna mug and bathe and mug again. Byeeeee!

Girl in Question

j.tan.eq
King's College London
English Literature
a fluffball of non-sequitors
and loving the Lord


Psalm 139:9-10

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.

LINKS

.child sponsorship. send a cow. ethically green. ethical fashion. war on want - fight global poverty. tax justice network. killer coke and coca-cola crimes. christian apologetics. a father's heart for you. cute overload. singapore angle. international volunteering opportunities. teaching abroad. online bible. our daily bread. all recipes. online music marketplace.

SPEAK IT



PICTURES

London, Egypt, Barcelona & Paris: Jun-Jul '07.
Skiing at Flaine Resort, France: Mar '07.
Tanzania: Jan '07.

& ARCHIVES

October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008