<body> <body>

Monday, November 01, 2004 @9:31 PM

It was a tiring day today... had tutorial at 11, lecture at 2.15 and German at 4.15 till 6.15. (I wonder how I survived through JC... I think JC was tonnes more tiring than this, and I had choir on top of that) Actually, it was German class that wrecked my head and made me exhausted. Somehow I think the early-darkening skies affect me too... it gets dark at, what, 4 something here? Mannn. Anyway. I've begun to pick up greetings and numbers in German now. It's not particularly difficult but... who likes memorising, right? :) Lectures have still been very boring and basic. Well, I know it's "Approaches to Literature", but it's still rather elementary, save the first lec. Seminars, on the other hand, are very intense and interesting... oh well. Got back my essay today. The one I worked on for 5 hours. Dr Moody told me she's very pleased with my essay and she enjoyed reading it. Yay. :) Well there's a lot of erroneous technical stuff I made and I forgot to include the biblio but I guess it's part and parcel of the transition from JC-writing to uni-writing. It's a confidence-boosting start I s'pose.

I cooked noodles and soup today! Yay! Dried mushrooms, yellow beans, chicken stock, bok choy, fishballs, soy sauce and pepper... see Ma, not bad right? The soup tasted nice, but I think I put too much soy sauce so I'm feeling quite thirsty. (Ich bin dursty! Hee) BUT! Yeah. You know what. I'm like a domestic bimbo at home but I realise that a lot of people here are worse, especially the Brits... Emen called me a cooking machine. And I realise that I've been cooking a lot in comparison. What a wonder......

Gonna read Alexander Pope now. Got a discussion early tomorrow morning in my seminar small group.


No one whose hope is in You
Will ever be put to shame
That's why my eyes are on You, O Lord
Surround me, defend me, O how I need You
To You I lift up my soul
To You I lift up my soul

Girl in Question

j.tan.eq
King's College London
English Literature
a fluffball of non-sequitors
and loving the Lord


Psalm 139:9-10

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.

LINKS

.child sponsorship. send a cow. ethically green. ethical fashion. war on want - fight global poverty. tax justice network. killer coke and coca-cola crimes. christian apologetics. a father's heart for you. cute overload. singapore angle. international volunteering opportunities. teaching abroad. online bible. our daily bread. all recipes. online music marketplace.

SPEAK IT



PICTURES

London, Egypt, Barcelona & Paris: Jun-Jul '07.
Skiing at Flaine Resort, France: Mar '07.
Tanzania: Jan '07.

& ARCHIVES

October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008