Monday, November 08, 2004 @8:45 PM
I had the WORST meal since I came.
Everything was going fine... I was in the pasta mood, got some sauce and minced beef from Costcutters, chopped up the cauliflower, stir-fried the beef together with it, added the sauce, oh a tad bit too much sauce, but it was alright... Not salty enough, took out my box of salt because I didn't have a salt-shaker, poured it in, OOPS that's wayyy too much salt because it's about 3-4 tablespoonfuls, tried to get the salt out but they were dissolving in the sauce, remained hopeful for a good pasta meal, drained the spaghetti, poured out the sauce, mixed it... and ARGHHHH I've never tasted salt like I did just now. Oh goodness. It was HORRID. Andy and Tom tried it, and Andy's eyes went big before he gulped down some lemonade. Bleagh. I really didn't want to waste all the food so I cooked some more spaghetti and poured more pasta sauce into it (sob. What was 3 meals of spaghetti sauce is almost gone...) to dilute the saltiness. Sigh it helped... but only very slightly. So much for a good pasta meal. :( and it's a waste of food and money. I've still got more of it in my rice cooker... sigh. Don't even want to touch it... or look at it, much less eat it!
German was fun today, but mind-boggling as usual. So much stuff to remember... especially the different terms to different people. (Formal/informal address)
Our English lecturer stood up on us. Haha. Waste of time... Alcuin is quite far away from my college (Halifax) y'know. Oh well.
My housemates were
commenting on how close the Finnish girl is to the Spanish... feeding yoghurt to each other, always together, and Andy said he even saw them kissing in her room. Goodness... and she was just telling me, when we were walking to lecture one day, that she still meets up with her German boyfriend every weekend. (She stayed in Germany for 5 years because her dad was relocated there) Oh my goodness. I don't understand the ruthlessness of two-timers. I always thought the Brit gang in my house were being mean to the both of them, particularly she, when they keep teasing them behind their back and all. But today we were all preparing our dinners in the kitchen and I got to see them 'interact'... she'll give them rude stares and comments and all. I mean, even if they've offended her in some way that's really quite a horrible attitude. There's some serious animosity between her and the rest... Sarah (a Brit girl) is nice, and I'm sort of in between (you realise I'm always stuck in the middle in most cases). But... I don't know, I feel quite disgusted at the fact that the girl is two-timing. I haven't seen facts for themselves so maybe I shouldn't jump to conclusion, but if what the rest said is true... goodness. Someone's bound to get hurt and it may just be the Spannish guy. The thought of someone getting hurt in the end is giving me a great sense of distaste for her two-timing. Tom went on to illustrate his friend's two-timing case... the girls found each other out but the guy is STILL two-timing because he's lying to the both of them. Argh. Goodness. It pains me to hear of such things... but. Sigh. It's not for me to judge...
Hate the sin, but love the sinner...
Bleaghhh the salt is seeping up to my brain. Maybe it's psychological but I feel so icky and numb.
Speaking of psychology, Ailin and I volunteered for some psychology experiment run by the psychology department. We get paid 6 pounds for one hour! hah! I hope that'll recoup my losses as a result of my dumb cooking today. It probably will. But that means I'll lose 2 hours of my precious studying time... argh my essay and my seminar stuff...!!! Gotta get studying now.
Auf Wiedersehn!