<body> <body>

Thursday, October 28, 2004 @1:54 AM

*yawn* It's 1 am now. Just finished preparing for the FIRST seminar tomorrow... well not really I'm short of one last article and I was too lazy and short for time to rush to the library to get it. Some essay on Lesbian and Gay criticism. and I haven't touched any material for the 2nd seminar in the afternoon tomorrow. Oh man.
That's quite a lot of work in'it? I think I spent about 6 hours reading today, which is reasonable, really. Actually enjoyed it. Think I learnt a lotta stuff, if I do remember them. vers libre and Wordsworth and gay poets like Allen Gilsbern and Walt Whitman. Bleagh... but weelllllll it was interesting I suppose.

Went for Halifax bible study today. The people are really nice and warm. And dedicated. Enjoyed it... especially the sharing bit. After that I stayed in the kitchen area for one hourish cooking pasta (Jia Yin, the China girl, gave me a bowl of stew to eat again. And rice. Yummm... ), eating it and talking to the other house mates. They're really cute. I like my house mates. If I may generalise, Brits so far have appeared to be really wacky people. They can be really loony... they have fun when they're supposed to have fun but they get serious when it comes to essays and seminars. Guess it's a good balance, huh?

I love York. It's safe, pretty, cold. And it has a radical English department.
And of course... loads of avian creatures... they're really cute sometimes. The geese, for example, queue up in a line wherever they go. I thought the Overseas Student Association (OSA) chairperson said the Brits are fanatic about queueing... guess it applies to its geese as well. And there was once I walked along a pavement when a row of 3 ducks were about to cross the pavement, and they just stopped. Yeah! Haha. They observe traffic rules as well? Well they stopped. And I stopped. So they continued to waddle in that direction, and I continued walking... then they stopped again. Oh well. They let me pass. So I walked on. Came close to raising my hand up as an acknowledgement of gratitude. Ho hum.

I'm still awake! Darn and I gotta wake up early tomorrow for a seminar.. hope I don't doze off.

Girl in Question

j.tan.eq
King's College London
English Literature
a fluffball of non-sequitors
and loving the Lord


Psalm 139:9-10

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.

LINKS

.child sponsorship. send a cow. ethically green. ethical fashion. war on want - fight global poverty. tax justice network. killer coke and coca-cola crimes. christian apologetics. a father's heart for you. cute overload. singapore angle. international volunteering opportunities. teaching abroad. online bible. our daily bread. all recipes. online music marketplace.

SPEAK IT



PICTURES

London, Egypt, Barcelona & Paris: Jun-Jul '07.
Skiing at Flaine Resort, France: Mar '07.
Tanzania: Jan '07.

& ARCHIVES

October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008