<body> <body>

Saturday, October 30, 2004 @1:07 AM

Going to Leeds tomorrow! Yay! Might meet up with Yiting... so odd meeting up with a classmate in UK. But anyway, it's time to get all my chinese stuff!! Soya bean milk, oyster sauce, dried foodstuff, etc etc. Oh yeahhhh.

We celebrated Cuifen's birthday today... cooked curry for 6 people and afterward surprised her with a cake. And we finished up the ben and jerry's left over from Monday. Ahhh... the chocolate one tastes so good... this is so 'sinful'. At this rate I'm gonna start bulging... and I haven't gotten my track suit exchanged so I still can't run. It's really too cold outside to run. Or should I get used to the cold and just run in fbt shorts? Hm. But anyway Sim, I don't think I'm getting the gloves for now... if it gets too cold during Jan - march I'll prolly buy the membership card for the gym and run in there. I think it'll go beyond -10 deg C... hm.

Anyway I think Cuifen was really happy... she was all smiles. Well I guess every little thing makes you feel happy when you're here. Even ducks and squirrels... (saw a squirrel eating an acorn for the first time today!) and low-standard chicken rice and U2 music and what nots...

We watched The Princess Bride after ice cream. it's really really funny... a parody of fairy tales and stories of the like (hero in shining armour, evil guy and all). was really really funny. There was this part where the hero died and was brought back to life by some odd-looking witches but only his head could move, so he was being dragged around by this massive giant and only his head could move... the rest of his body limp and dragged all over the floor. This other part when the hero is in the Dungeon of Despair or something like that, and this weird, white-haired monster came out and started to speak in the scary coarse voice typical of horror figures... "wellllcome to the dungeonn of despaaiirrr! don't even thiinkkk aboutt.. *clears throat* ahem, excuse me *returns to the normal speaking voice of a man* Sorry, don't even think about escaping from this place alive..." or something like that. Haha. anti-climactic. This other anti-climactic part part was when the hero was struggling with 'a rodent of unusual size' and as he struggled and fought and rolled around with the rodent, the rat happened to roll over a fiery pothole and it goes "ssstttt...." Haha. It's like monty python, only less dark. Oh well.

gonna sleep now...

Girl in Question

j.tan.eq
King's College London
English Literature
a fluffball of non-sequitors
and loving the Lord


Psalm 139:9-10

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.

LINKS

.child sponsorship. send a cow. ethically green. ethical fashion. war on want - fight global poverty. tax justice network. killer coke and coca-cola crimes. christian apologetics. a father's heart for you. cute overload. singapore angle. international volunteering opportunities. teaching abroad. online bible. our daily bread. all recipes. online music marketplace.

SPEAK IT



PICTURES

London, Egypt, Barcelona & Paris: Jun-Jul '07.
Skiing at Flaine Resort, France: Mar '07.
Tanzania: Jan '07.

& ARCHIVES

October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008